- Criminal Defense
- Civil Rights Litigation
A graduate of the University of New Mexico School of Law, Maggie joined the firm as an associate in 2012, after a clerkship with Justice Patricio M. Serna of the New Mexico Supreme Court. During her time with the Court, Maggie had continuous opportunities to work on appeals involving a wide range of subject matters and complex issues.
Maggie is a fifth generation New Mexican, and was raised in the mountains of southern New Mexico. Before law school, she earned undergraduate degrees in Journalism and Spanish, also from UNM.
During law school, Maggie devoted her academic scholarship to criminal law and clinical experience to defense work. She was fortunate to have many opportunities to work with and learn from talented attorneys at the trial, appellate, and post-conviction levels. With this experience, Maggie's practice is focused on criminal defense and civil rights litigation.
- University of New Mexico (B.A. cum laude 2007)
- University of New Mexico School of Law (J.D. cum laude 2011)
DISTINCTIONS AND HONORS
- Clinical Honors, University of New Mexico School of Law (2011)
- Editor-in-Chief, Natural Resources Journal, University of New Mexico School of Law (2010-2011)
- New Mexico State Bar (2011)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Oliver Seth American Inn of Court, Associate Member (2011-2012)
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Lawyers Guild
- National Police Accountability Project
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association