Sante Fe Office
- Indian Law
Reed is an associate in the Santa Fe office whose practice focuses on Indian law and civil litigation. He has represented tribes and tribal entities in a variety of matters, including in the areas of water rights, protection of historic and cultural property, trespass actions, and gaming.
Prior to joining the firm, Reed worked at Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler, LLP in New York City. Reed was one of the lead associates in the false advertising practice group, which received Chambers USA's “Advertising Firm of the Year” award in 2012. Reed successfully represented clients before the National Advertising Division and in connection with a Federal Trade Commission investigation. Reed also represented and advised clients in a variety of complex commercial litigations involving mortgage-backed securities, antitrust, employment, false claims act, trademark, and art law.
Reed received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School. During law school, he worked at the Citizen Media Law Project at the Berkman Center for Internet & Society, creating legal resources for independent journalists. He received his A.B., cum laude, from Harvard University. Reed was born and raised in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- J.D., 2010, Harvard Law School, cum laude
- A.B., 2005 Harvard University, cum laude
- New Mexico
- New York
- Federal District Court, Southern District of New York
- Federal District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District Court of New Mexico
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Oliver Seth American Inn of Court (Barrister Member)