- Indian Law
Glennas'ba B. Augborne (Navajo) joined the firm in July 2017 and concentrates her practice in Indian law. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Augborne was an associate at a Phoenix defense firm where she worked on a wide variety of civil litigation matters. She received her undergraduate degree in political science from the University of New Mexico.
While obtaining her J.D. from the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, Ms. Augborne explored areas of public law and policy as an intern for the United States Attorney's Office, Phoenix Division, and the Council on Environmental Quality, Executive Office of the President.
In law school, she received an Indian Legal Program Certificate and focused on Indian law issues as a student attorney for the Indian Legal Clinic.
In addition, Ms. Augborne served as the President of the Native American Law Students Association and Vice President of the Black Law Students Association.
In her spare time, Ms. Augborne enjoys visiting her nieces and nephew, cooking, and movie nights with friends. Ms. Augborne is also interested in volunteer opportunities with organizations that uplift her community's youth.
- B.A., University of New Mexico, 2010
- J.D. and Indian Legal Program Certificate, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, 2016
DISTINCTIONS AND HONORS
- Indian Rights Fellow
- Willard H. Pedrick Scholar
- Order of the Barrister's Honor Society Inductee
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Method and Writing
- The Ross-Blakley Law Library Award for Exemplary Student Research Award
- Articles Editor, Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science, and Technology
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “The Future, Now: The Art and Science Of The Mindful Lawyer,” Special Presenter, State Bar of Arizona Convention (June 2016)
- State Bar of Arizona
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the Native American Bar Association of Arizona
- Member of Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of USLAW
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Native Vote: Election Protection, Volunteer (2014-2016)
- March of Dimes Foundation, Volunteer (2008–2013)